- All Superinterfaces:
public interface AWSKeyPairClient
- extends KeyPairClient
- Adrian Cole
- Imports the public key from an RSA key pair that you created with a third-party tool. Compare
this with CreateKeyPair, in which AWS creates the key pair and gives the keys to you (AWS
keeps a copy of the public key). With ImportKeyPair, you create the key pair and give AWS just
the public key. The private key is never transferred between you and AWS.
You can easily create an RSA key pair on Windows and Linux using the ssh-keygen command line
tool (provided with the standard OpenSSH installation). Standard library support for RSA key
pair creation is also available in Java, Ruby, Python, and many other programming languages.
DSA keys are not supported. Make sure your key generator is set up to create RSA keys.
Supported lengths: 1024, 2048, and 4096.
- OpenSSH public key format (e.g., the format in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys)
- Base64 encoded DER format
- SSH public key file format as specified in RFC4716
region - region to import the key into
keyName - A unique name for the key pair. Accepts alphanumeric characters, spaces, dashes, and
publicKeyMaterial - The public key
- imported key including fingerprint
Copyright © 2009-2011 jclouds. All Rights Reserved.